Other SAIC Highlights at the Minneapolis Conference
As is often the case, SAIC alumni and faculty will be well represented at the American Art Therapy Association's conference. Here is a list of the events with SAIC connections:
* -- Barbara Fish leads the workshop: Art-based Supervision: Cultivating Therapeutic
* -- The presentation Power to the Puppeteers: Persons with Parkinson’s
Disease Raise Their Voices Through Puppet Theater will be given by Theresa Dewey, Katharine Houpt, & Andrea Koch.
* -- The paper Therapeutic Applications of the QEEG in Studio-based Art Therapy Practice will be presented by Christopher Belkofer.
* -- Cassie Dobbs, & Danielle Eichner are among the presenters of the workshop: Medical Art Making: Exploring the World of the Pediatric Medical Art Therapist.
* -- Christopher Belkofer co-presents: Art as Alchemy: An Inside View of the Transformational Process.
* -- The Art and Aging Focus Group will be lead by Linda Goldman.
* -- Holly Wherry & Robert Caswell discuss their adventures on the road in Art is Heavy: Biking Cross Country with Art Therapy Pedalers
* -- Savneet Talwar & Sangeetha Ravichandran are panelists on the theme: Creating Spaces of Resistance: Third Wave Feminism, Social Justice and Art Therapy.
* -- The paper Painting the Man: Exploring the Abstract Influences of Privilege and Power
will be given by M. Ryan Noble.
* -- Randy Vick will be presented with the association's Honorary Life Membership award.
* | -- Savneet Talwar & Cathy Moon will present a plenary session (along with Lynn Kapitan & Janis Timm-Bottos) entitled Decolonizing Art Therapy: Social Justice and New Paradigms of Care.
* -- Sarah Kremer co-leads a workshop entitled: Saying Yes to (Almost) Everything: 10 Tips for Emerging Art Therapy Professionals. (Presented a second time at )
* -- Christopher Belkofer will be one of the discussion leaders of the Art Therapy and Clinical Neuroscience Focus Group.
* -- The Art Committee Focus Group will be lead by Barbara Fish, Jaimie Peterson, & Becky Deborah Behnke (along with Becky Olivera).
* -- A Master Supervision Group focusing on Multicultural Clinical Practice will be lead by
* -- The Cultural Influences Behind the Pictures: Study of Images with MSSP Application is a digital poster session given by Seyeon Jeanne Jung-eun Park.
* -- Men in Art Therapy: Confluence, Influence, And Passing It On, is the title of the focus group to be lead by M. Ryan Noble & Randy Vick.
* -- Veronica Bohanan gives her paper titled, Black Gyrls W.O.W. (Working on Womanhood): Feelings, Behaviors & Academic Success.