IN/MOTION CHICAGO'S DANCE FILM FESTIVAL
March 18th, Loyola University Chicago
1020 W. Sheridan Road, Chicago IL, Mundelein Room 409
* Community dance session led by Sarah Cullen Fuller and 3 Arts/UIC Bodies of Work Fellow Kris Lenzo. *No experience needed!
* Screening of "Ripped", by filmmaker Natalie Stone, a short documentary about the life and dance career of Kris Lenzo, former international wheelchair athlete turned dancer, father, husband, and double amputee.
* Live dance performance by Kris Lenzo performing Sarah Cullen Fuller’s "The Journeyman", a solo work that explores memories housed in the body and shaped by the aging process and sleep/wake cycles. *This piece is presented by Bodies of Work and the University of Illinois at Chicago, as part of a 3Arts Fellowship. Additional funding for this project has been provided for by the National Endowment for the Arts.
* Premiere screening of "All", a dance film that explores kinesthetic improvisation and embodied storytelling across diverse dancer populations.
* Q&A with the filmmakers, choreographers, and dancers involved in the "All".
This event is wheelchair accessible. It is free and open to the public.
Audio description and real-time captioning will be provided. Please refrain from wearing scented products.
Please click here for the event page on Facebook.
Please click here for the website for all festival events.
This event is brought to you by Loyola University Chicago, Bodies of Work: Network of Disability Art and Culture, Department of Disability and Human Development at University of Illinois at Chicago, 3Arts and National Endowment for the Arts.